December 31, 2009

I Kept My 2009 Resolution!

I am proud to report that I have kept my resolution from 2009, it isn't even thought of anymore. That is a rare thing.... so who is this guy and what does he have to do with my resolution? This is Bobby Bones and he is the DJ on a local top 40 radio station. Last year, I gave up all top 40/hip hop type music. I listen to christian music about 75% of the time and country music the rest of the time. I knew it had stuck when Marcus got in my car and changed the station. A song was on the radio and I asked him who was singing. It was a major hit this past year that I hadn't even heard.
I have found that giving up that music, the commercials and the DJs that go with it have been good for setting my mind in the right place each morning. It also puts better music in my head for the day. It is pretty easy resolution if you remove these stations from your radio presets.
For 2010, I want to make praying before a meal a habit. We do it ocassionally, but not when we eat out or eat in the living room. I'm hoping Abby starts eating later (she eats at 5:45) so we can all sit, pray and eat together.
Good luck with your new resolutions- I hope they are successful.

1 comment:

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

Great resolutions! I admit we don't pray in front of meals anymore, but my mother has never stopped...go for it! Also, if you want Abby to start eating later, push her meal time back to 5:55 every day for a week. Then bump it up by another ten minutes the next week. It's a lengthy process, but it works. Time changes also help immensely ;o) Happy new year!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin