December 12, 2009

A Long Awaited Day

Today I was able to do something I have prayed about doing for years- I attended the baby shower of our dear friend Jessica. Jessica's daughter Ellie was born at 28 weeks and is 9 days old. She is in the NICU, but is strong, getting healthier and showing God's love to everyone around her. Jessica and I did a book study together a few years ago about second guessing God. We both wanted babies and were struggling with God's plan for our lives and trying to understand why we remained without a child in our arms.
To come full circle with her today and to have my own child there was such a praise. I know God was with us when we cried, when we screamed, but also when we prayed and when we praised. He was always there and cried with us. I am so happy she is with us on the other side of this journey and hope that we inspire others where they are in the long and scary land of infertility.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

It is a beautiful day!!

Tabriah said...

I am so happy to hear that everything is going well.

Heather Mason said...

Beautifully written....praise the Lord!

~kristi said...

Tell her Congratulations and we will be praying for all of them!!

The Gumpls said...

God is amazing!!!! It was a long but wonderful awaited day!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin