December 19, 2009

I Did It!

Today I enjoyed my reward for losing 20 pounds- a Peppermint Chocolate Milkshake! I've had a couple of recent weight loss questions, here is my story-
I started Weight Watchers in early August. So, I have lost 20 pounds in a little less than 5 months. It is a not an overnight pill popping success. I am watching what I eat, most days. I have some seasonal favorites (Blue Bell Peppermint Ice Cream and Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes) that I still eat; however, I am making conscience decisions with each meal. I eat yummy cheat foods when the meal choice is out of my control, like Mexican food lunch with friends. When the meal choice is in my control, I try to make it count. We eat pretty healthy at home now and when I run out for lunch I work I stick with meals I can trust. I do not work out. I don't enjoy it and I just can't give up the time with Abby and Marcus.
I gave up sweet tea in mass consumption. I still drink it, but not nearly as much. Starbucks sweet tea has less calories than others, so I have it more than Chick-fil-a. I also found you can order split tea (half sweet and half unsweet) at Chick which has helped.
I weigh myself every morning. Some days I am amazed I lost or didn't gain knowing that I wasn't successful that day, but I make up for it the following day.
I am 10 pounds below my baby weight which is every woman's goal for the upcoming first birthday. I would like to lose another 20 pounds to be at my wedding day weight. That would be wonderful for my 11th anniversary next summer.
I have bought some new clothes, but also have a pretty big wardrobe that fits from about 2 years ago when I was this size. My biggest loss has been in the middle section and I've been told in my face. That is a great place to lose it. I also am finding that my shoe size is going down. My shoes fit, but new shoes fit better in a half size smaller. Odd!
A cheeseburger tastes good, but losing 20 pounds really does taste better!

2 comments:

Katy said...

Congrats! I lost 40 lbs on WW last year but have since fallen off the wagon. I need to get back on because I still have soooooo much to lose! Enjoy your reward!!!

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

Way to go Anna! I know how you feel about that working out thing...it's so hard finding time to do it especially when that time means you'll be away from your loved ones. Keep it up, you can do it! Now if only I can get MY butt in gear to get back to pre-baby weight...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin