February 21, 2011

Sesame Street Live

This afternoon Abby saw her 2nd live performance/concert and her first at the Frank Erwin Center.
We saw Sesame Street Live! This is one of those events I would hear about on the radio or see on a billboard and wish I had kids to take. It included new characters like Abby Cadabby and Zoe and oldies from when we watched the show like Oscar, Grover, Big Bird, etc. There was even Prairie Dawn from the 80's that I didn't remember!
Abby was great for the 1st hour and then the last 30 minutes were tough. She would point and call out their name, dance and clap along with the songs, and smiled the whole time. She got to try Kettle Korn for the first time and loved it.
The show ended about 6 PM and since we were in the UT area, we hoped over to Lamar to eat at Cafe Express. They are one of my Dallas-area favorites that came to Austin a few months ago. The Chicken Pesto Pasta Deli salad is wonderful!
Abby loved the free breadsticks (crunchy like a cracker) and her grilled cheese and fruit. I caught her starting to say, "cheese".
We had a fun-filled family day! I loved it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin