February 14, 2011

Valentine Celebrations Times Three!

My Mom spent most of the past week and weekend with us, so we celebrated Valentine's ahead of time over the past few nights. On Friday night Marcus met me at work and we delivered dinner to our friends Daniel and Brandi and their new baby and then had dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Ms. Ruth is in the background :)
When he met me at my office, he had roses. So thoughtful! I left them in my cold car while we went downtown and my car smells like a florist. Love it!
Saturday night, we had dinner at home with Mom and Abby and then afterward while she went to bed, we went out for ice cream at Maggie Moo's. I was daring, tried something new, and fell in love with a seasonal (read not here for long!) ice cream. This is the Hottie Fresh Escape- so embarrassing to order. It was red hot cinnamon ice cream with hot tamales, marshmallows and marshmallow cream. It was so hot- I loved it!
Tonight, we had a wonderful dinner at home with Abby. We cooked pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon, yummy corn and garlic bread. And, we had chocolate dipper strawberries for dessert.

We also opened presents- I got two wonderfully fun necklaces from one of my favorite stores, Anthropologie. I bought Marcus a new Polo sweater in a daring color. I think I convinced him to keep it ;)
My sweet Momma also bought me a Valentine's gift- my own guacamole bowl. I have wanted one of these for years and I love that it is a fun color and not the standard black and white speckled.
Don't worry- Abby had a fun Valentine celebration, too! I'll share more about her presents, fun and fashion tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin