April 01, 2011

Abby Said What, Volume 1

Welcome to the first "Abby said what?" post! My friends with older kids have done "stuff heard 'round the house" and it always made me laugh. As we get close to 2 1/2 years old, the comedian around our house is coming out to play! So, watch for more funny antics written down for posterity here! I hope you'll enjoy, Abby said what?
Abby loves Sarah, the childcare worker at Marcus' gym. She sees her once a week for about 30 minutes, but she knows when we tell her it is Saturday that she'll see Sarah. This past weekend, when they arrived Sarah was visibly sad and hugging a few friends. Marcus feared she was leaving the gym and asked her if she was alright. She explained to her that her boyfriend had just left for basic training to be a Navy Seal. Abby was concerned that Sarah was sad, so they told her why. Abby has walked around all week telling us "Sarah lost her seal". She is genuinely sad for her. I don't think she has a clue what a seal is and likely thinks she'll find it soon.

I am working with Abby on having a relationship with Jesus. I am working on that for myself, too! So, each night, she gets to pick two people and we pray for them. We have been doing this for a month and she always picks the same two people. It gets hard to come up with creative things to say each night! Tonight, I was thrilled she picked two friends from her class at school. I always start the prayer and pause after every few words so that Abby can repeat after me. I guess I was so excited to pray for someone new that I said too many words without pausing so Abby's prayer was, "what Mommy said."

Finally, Abby learned about b**bies tonight. (I don't want weirdos googling me!). She kept poking mine or grabbing them and proclaiming what they were. I explained to her about girls having b**bies and showed her where hers were- they are little because Abby is little. Marcus was in the room and DYING! Marcus was thrilled when Abby proclaimed, "Daddy have no b**bies!"

2 comments:

lindsay said...

ohhh, i already LOVE "Abby said what". she says the cutest things!

Mimi said...

I wish Abby could hear me laughing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin