November 14, 2008

Best Advice.... thus far!

I have said numerous times on this blog what wonderful friends and family I have. Getting the advice of so many women who have children, have struggled to have children, or want children one day and are preparing now has been a God send. You think you are ready and know so much and then a silly question is asked and you realize how very little you know.
Luckily through lunches, showers, emails, texts, and this blog I have received so fabulous advice! Two pieces of advice really stuck with me and Marcus and I have implemented them into our lives. I wanted to share them for all of you.
A few weeks ago, my PEO sister Meg who lives in the Dallas area told me to be sure that Marcus and I spend the last few weeks holding hands. How sweet is that! I know that we will be more in love when Abby Lu gets here, but our hands will literally be full with a car seat, diaper bag, and all the other things babies need. I can't forget how nice it is to just hold my husband's hand.
Last week at lunch, my girlfriend Andrea told me the best advice she got was to install a dimmer switch in her daughter Abbie's room. It allowed for them to change her diaper in the middle of the night without the harsh glare even a soft lamp provides, but also serves as a night light when she is older. Marcus installed the dimmer last weekend and it gives the room such a soft lighting that I could imagine our sweet girl sleeping in her crib.
Thank you Meg and Andrea and all of you for giving Marcus and I words of wisdom!

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

That is some great advice!! Will have to keep that in mind!!

Meg said...

Oh, the dimmer switch is a must-have! I'm so glad she thought to tell you about that. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are lucky to have a friend like that Andrea. She is excellent.

Can't wait to meet this gorgeous Abby Lu!

By the way, you look great!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin