November 16, 2008

Co Sleeper Bassinet

I think one of the most difficult choices new parents make is where their newborn will sleep- a bassinet, their crib, a moses basket, in the bed with their parents, where ever they can! In all of my readings, this choice can set up a pattern that can be hard to break later.

After hearing from some other new Moms and researching the options, Marcus and I decided on the co-sleeper. It is a bassinet that converts to a playpen, but the unique feature is that it can "attach" to the parents bed. This dropped arm on her bed will allow us to feed and care for Abby Lu without getting out of our bed. This is very important is we end up with a C-section or in the winter when it is cold!

I think it is a great compromise and hope it helps us to get some sleep while knowing she is safely sleeping nearby.

4 comments:

~kristi said...

i think you will be pleased with it. We did the one that goes in the bed with us with Bella. We did not have the room for this one, but would have if given the choice. It travels really well too.

The Gumpls said...

that has to be the coolest baby bed I have ever ween. Thanks for all your help with my blogsite! It looks really great but I still can not upload any pics from my computers! I love that pic of us!!!! It will go in Michaels scrapbook!!! Good memories!!!

Debra_and_Mike said...

We have that exact one and Aidan loves it!

He's already 3 months old and I can't seem to part with it but know that we should start letting him get use to the crib.

You're going to love it!

Elizabeth said...

I used this, too, and it was awesome for me! I chose attachment parenting when Jana was a newborn, so it worked out well to have her at arms length, but still have my sleep space. It is perfect for nursing your newborn and still managing to get sleep, yoo! And Marcus will appreciate it because he can sleep without having to get up to get Abby for you!

But, Debra is right- it is nearly impossible to make the decision to have them leave your room- the co-sleeper is so convenient it makes it even more challenging!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin