November 18, 2008

Week 35: Our Honeydew Melon

Abby Lu now weighs as much as a honeydew melon, which I suppose is heavier than a cantaloupe. Who knew!

Tonight we will learn how to care for our newborn baby girl at a Baby Care Basics class offered at the hospital. We will learn about bathing, feeding, holding and other newborn needs tonight. It will be fun to focus on her more than the process of getting her here!

At church on Sunday I was told that it looked like I had dropped. Scary thought! I definitely am still growing and feel much more pressure in my hips and lower abdomen than I have before. We'll see what the doctor says when we go back on Friday morning. Still no word from her on the anemia.

Yesterday during lunch, Marcus and I bought diapers, wipes and too many clothes at Babies R Us. I asked him to join me to help me show restraint and he was horrible. She has 4 new outfits and a Texas Tech cheerleader outfit thanks to our little trip for just diapers. We are in so much trouble!

from Baby Center:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ooh! It's impossible to resist all the cuteness at that place!! Can't wait to see her in all of her cute outfits!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I love that store!! I know if will be bad when we are pregnant ... I will want to go there all the time!! And we don't have one in San Angelo!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin