November 29, 2008

Nursery Painting Completed

When I mentioned I wanted to paint our nursery with something fun and different, Josette from my Sunday School class told me about Cheri from our church. I heard she had painted numerous nurseries of other church families and hired her without seeing any of her work. I am not normally so trusting as I have my own design ideas and worry others don't see my vision. I am glad I trusted Josette and Cheri and let her do her thing. She made my nursery even cuter and more whimsical than I could have even imagined. It has a hint of Mary Engelbreit whom I have always loved! Marcus wanted clouds and I wanted flowers and together they just worked out! I had the "You Are My Sunshine" sign made from an artist in Tyler that I met at the Leander HS craft fair. I think it is the perfect sunny combo to our clouds. Cheri painted that spot with my sign in mind.

Above her changing table, are the baby photos of Marcus and I framed and ready for Abby Lu's baby picture. I can't wait to see her chubby little cheeks in that frame!

Finally, above her bed, we placed another ledge to serve as a window box since I just couldn't find a clean white window box in any hardware store. It matches the other wall nicely and will have more usage in the future. The bunching of flowers above her bed makes for a great focal point.
I can totally understand all my friends who commented they just wanted to go and sit in their nurseries. I love the room and am so glad to have it almost ready to go! I just need remat the baby pictures with something more colorful and get her changing table pad and covers and the pretty stuff will be all set!



5 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Looks beautiful! I am sure you and Abbi will have many years of enjoyment from her room!

Caroline George said...

I love her nursery. It looks like such a happy place to me and I know you are already happy sitting it. Can't wait to see your little girl there too!

The Gumpls said...

I can't believe how beautiful her room turned out!!!! I love the decor and all the cute little things around the room. I can't waite to see it in person! I will have to remember Cheri when I want to redue Blythe's room!

April said...

Sooo cute! I love the nursery!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Anna, It is so beautiful!! I love how it turned out!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin