November 09, 2008

Family Shower

On Saturday, Mom and I drove to Ingram, Texas for my "family" baby shower. My Dad is the youngest of 8 and I am grandchild #18 of #19 on that side of the family. Needless to say, we have a big family on my Dad's side.

I tried to get a group picture of some of the family in attendance. Note, the men were in the man cave in the back of the room watching football until the end when we snapped the photo.

The shower was held at my Aunt Nell's home, the same living room where my wedding shower was held almost 10 years ago. I can guarantee you Aunt Nell has hosted 20 or more events like this in this same living room. It feels like home.

Mom and I in the living room. Mom spoiled Abby with many gifts including a rolling suitcase for her many trips to see Nanny.




Along with Aunt Nell hosting, my cousins Kristi and Susan (in photo with me above) and Kristi's Mom Mary Evelyn hosted the shower.






After having some wonderful food, we played games including guessing what candy bar had been melted inside a diaper. Look at this! Wow, I hope Marcus likes changing diapers!

We also started Abby Lu's college fund as everyone dumped their spare change into her piggy bank and then guessed how much money we had collected and unscrambled letters to guess popular baby items. Lots of fun!

I was blessed with some wonderful gifts for our baby girl, including this onesie that says, "I am not a boy!" I was with very little hair for a long time, so it is possibly she'll be confused with a boy for a while.





Although Kyleigh did not join us, she did send gifts including this pacifier with all kinds of bling. Kyleigh likes anything with glitter and gave Abby a cute little dress and picked out a pair of Levi's with rhinestones and glitter all over them!



Tiffany, my sister, came to the shower as well. She obviously has been shopping for her niece for a long time. Kyleigh has her own opinion about everything she wears, so I think Tiff had fun picking out clothes on her own!
It was fun to open so many outfits and imagine our daughter all decked out for the next 2 years in outfits picked out for her by her loving relatives.
Thanks for everyone for coming and for welcoming Abby Lu into the family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Had a great time ...

I am going to steal some of your pictures!! :)

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

I hate to tell you this, but even when your daughter is dressed in something obviously girly, people (mostly older people) will still think she's a boy. I can't tell you how many times that's happened to us! I just tell them, "Yes, SHE is quite a joy!" and that usually does the trick :o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin