December 21, 2008

Christmas Day for Us

Since the birth Abby Lu is up in the air, we celebrated Christmas with my family today. We had Mom, Tiffany, Shaun, Kyleigh and Cohen over for an early lunch and then my Dad and Jacque over for mid-afternoon snacks and presents. It was a fun and BUSY day!

Marcus and I posed for our annual family picture and included Abby Lu via her newly monogrammed stocking in the picture. We'll be holding a happy little baby in this picture next year. I have a small photo album that houses a picture of Marcus and I from each year we have celebrated Christmas together. It goes back to 1996 when we were dating!



Tiffany, TJ (my Mom) and I in front of the fireplace. We skipped putting up a tree this year, so the pictures are a little off from the traditional. Other than pictures, I haven't really missed the tree at all. It is nice to not pull out the holiday water bottle to spray the cat as she attacks the tree!


The Langbein Family photo- Tiffany, Kyleigh, Cohen and Shaun





This year, Marcus and I gave the kids more toys than clothes. Kyleigh enjoyed sitting down with her new Lite Brite. It is just like the classic I loved as a kid, only the 2008 version is flat screen!


Cohen, has more energy than most, so he received games and toys to use up that energy including an indoor foam bowling set. The long hallway in our house and in their new house makes for a great bowling lane!
After the first group left, we welcomed Dad and Jacque! We watched football, snacked on yummy food, and opened presents. It was a low stress holiday celebration.
Marcus and I are keeping our plans open, but expect to spend Christmas Day together, warm and cozy inside our house, exchange our gifts, and await our daughter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin