December 01, 2008

Neat Idea from Oprah

When I was home over Thanksgiving, I watched a couple of episodes of Oprah. Her favorite things was on Wednesday and focused in meaningful gifts you can give without spending a lot of money.

A mother of 4 gave me a great idea! She had file boxes made for each of her children (in college) and filled the boxes with all of the mementos she had saved from their childhood. This included report cards, carpet samples, school pictures, etc. I decided I should get a cute box and start now. I was wondering where to store all of the sweet cards I have received at my showers.

These file boxes are the cutest I have found- they are just $24.99 at Container Store and should hold a few years worth of special items. I can't wait to fill it up and then to share them with Abby when she is older. I'm thinking I need a pink and a green!

2 comments:

~kristi said...

Each of the girls have a rubbermaid container, they are not quite big enough. I have the newspapers from the day they were born, people magazine, cards, different keepsakes that do not fit in their baby books.

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

soemthing else for your box (i loved that idea too!): write letters to your little one and store them there too... things with your feelings while you were pregnant, right after she's born, the things you're discovering about her, and things you'd want her to know through life. I wrote some poems and silly stories for her too, since I do a lot of writing as well. Those are definitely going to things that your daughter will treasure when she's older and having babies of her own!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin