December 18, 2008

Week 39: Doctor Appt Update

Today's doctor's appointment went very well. I was told that my iron counts were almost normal and if I just keep taking my iron I should not need anything special at birth- yea! I also did not gain any weight since last week- yea! Abby Lu's heart rate and my blood pressure were all good. I am 50% effaced and 1.5 cm. dilated. It isn't a lot of progress, but it is progress!
The end is near- we were given the special paperwork for if/when I go into labor. It included who to call, what to eat, etc. We talked about the on call doctor for next week since mine has Christmas off. Luckily, I am really not that concerned about who catches my baby, as long as a doctor is there! We also scheduled a week 40 appointment for Christmas Eve and planned our induction. If Abby Lu stays warm and cozy inside me, I will check into the new birthing center at 8:00 PM on December 28th to begin the drugs. Marcus went over to the center and compared it to a nice Holiday Inn. How nice that we get to experience the new hospital!

3 comments:

~kristi said...

I got the old wing and it was not that bad, so I imagine the new one is nice. We leave Monday for C-mas, so keep your legs closed till after C-mas!
your word verification (below) today is nonut!

Caroline George said...

YAY!! How exciting. Continuing to keep y'all all in our prayers!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Well my guess is now officially wrong!! I wanna guess again ... dec. 25th or 26th!! I am leaning towards the 25th!! WHat an awesome Christmas present ... whenever she decides to come!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin