December 19, 2008

One of Abby Lu's Namesakes

Marcus and I received a box in the mail today that made us cry big 'ol alligator tears... it was filled with gifts, many homemade, from Marcus' Aunt Iva. Included in the box were items made from Marcus' grandmother's fabric collection. His grandmother, is the Lucille, in Abigayle Lucille and she passed in 2001. I only knew "Granny" for a short time and unfortunately, the time I knew her she was suffering from Alzheimer's. I never really knew the wonderful Christ-filled matriarch that she was for his mother's side of the family.

To have some of her fabric carried down to our daughter and a letter from Iva sharing what a wonderful woman she was means the world to Marcus and I. Knowing that Iva saved the fabric for a special occasion and deemed our daughter worthy of it is so touching. It reminds you why family names are so special. To top it all off, the items don't look like they came from an old stash of fabric- they are modern and funky and perfect!


Here is the laundry bag personalized just for her. The fabric, including the rick-rack, came from Granny. I wish I had known Granny and I shared a love of rick rack!






Here are a few of the other items made from new and old fabrics. The large white burp cloth says, "My Grammy Rocks" which is Marcus' Mom (Lucille's daughter's) grandname. The green and blue smaller cloths and sewn with an "A" and a ladybug. I love me some ladybugs! Finally, the pillows include a flower, letter A, "is for Abigayle" and a photo frame.

Iva, thank you so much for sharing Granny's fabric with us, for sharing your talents with us, and for welcoming our daughter into the family with a heritage she can be so very proud of. We love you!

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Those things are so beautiful!! and SO SPecial!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin