December 03, 2008

Week 37: A Big Ol Baby Belly!

I bought this new pink shirt last week on clearance at Kohls. It says "expecting" across the chest. I think I am wearing it a little late. Marcus and I decided it should say something a little less obvious or say "expecting" and "duh"!

I feel like my waist has doubled in the last week and my body feels it. This is the part of pregnancy where God gets you ready to want labor to come. I'll take labor to get her off my bladder, to be able to get out of the bed or the couch on my own, to make the car ride home without stopping to go potty, and to have the energy to stand while blow drying my hair. Its the little things I miss. Don't get me wrong- I am so excited to be in this stage, I am just more excited for the next stage.

I am still working full time, trying to prepare for my leave and save up time for when the baby is here; however, it might become a lost cause. Sleep is not getting any better and my ability to be productive is dwindling. I sure hope nobody pops in our office unexpected. They will find me without makeup, jewelry or matching shoes. I am down to whatever takes the least amount of effort. I think flip flops are perfectly acceptable with a sweater and scarf. At least they are freshly pedicured toes in the flip flops!

Tomorrow is my 37 week appointment and breastfeeding classes. Let's hope the doctor tells me we have progress, approves a sonogram to see how big she is (I am just dying to know) and that class is comfortable for Marcus and I.

from Baby Center:
Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

4 comments:

Being Billingsley said...

You look great! I just can't wait to meet this baby!

Erica Wagner said...

Whooohoo! Won't be long now!

Meg said...

What exciting moments to treasure now -- the feeling of being in limbo between being a couple, and being a threesome, teetering on the edge of a miracle that will forever change your lives and hearts... and ours. Just remember that our bodies were made to give birth. You can do it and you will get through it, even when you think you can't handle anything more. Have trust and confidence in yourself. When you hold your sweet baby girl in your arms, you'll realize you're far stronger, and yet more vulnerable, than you ever know you could be. I'm so happy for you all!

Melissa said...

I am just brimming with anticipation for you!! I hope you make it at least past your shower this weekend. I'm praying for you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin