December 10, 2008

Week 38: Okay, Really, I am READY!

I am here! I am ready! Please let me meet my little girl soon. I don't want to wait until December 29th (induction) or even December 24th (due date)! At our appointment on Friday, I plan to beg my doctor to let me be induced next week. I really want her here for Christmas. We are full term, so her job inside me now is just to get bigger. Wait a minute.... I don't know that bigger is better! 6.8 pounds sounds reasonable!

Honestly, I am getting to the really uncomfortable stage. I am swelling, my joints hurt, I don't sleep and I think I now waddle. I stand up and have to pee. I sit down and have to pee. On the bright side, I am so grateful to be at 38 weeks with all of this complaining to do!

I started working PT this week and it has helped. I go in at 10:00 each day which allows me to lay in bed a little longer and eat a good breakfast at home. It seems to help me maintain energy longer during the day. My last day at work is next Wednesday. My leave is about 12 weeks. I am off completely for the first 6-7 and then will work as I wish from home via phone and email. I am very very blessed I have this opportunity. I realize not all employers are so understanding.

I am back at the doctor on Friday for a regular appointment and to check my iron levels. Please say a prayer all is still well, iron counts are normal, and my power of persuasion moves up my induction date!

from Baby Center:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

The waiting is so hard!! It will be time soon. I'm praying that you go in to labor naturally without having to be induced. I'm also praying for an easy (as if there is one!!) delivery. Remember, no matter how big Abby Lu is, she will always be bigger than you want her to be when she's coming out!!!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Anna - I told you - no baby until after Sunday!!! :-) The very end is VERY uncomfortable...makes you go crazy and think labor is better than how you feel now.... :-)

Anonymous said...

Our niece who was due 12-18 just gave birth to a 7.2oz 21.5" little girl at 11:59 after 4hrs of labor...so MAYBE>>> sooner than you think or imagine you will be holding that bright-eyed miracle in your anxious arms...I'm guessing 12-12 at 12:12...just for fun..lol
LUB YA... MIMI43glrz

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

I know how impatient you are and believe me, she'll be here soon enough! But until then, enjoy and savor this time that you and Marcus have left as "Just Marcus & Anna." It will be a long time before you have it again and you will be grateful that you did.
We're praying that you will go into labor naturally and that it will be quick, easy, and uneventful. God has waited for so long before bringing Abby Lu to this world, trust in Him and his plan! You're going to do beautifully Anna, and we can't wait to meet Abby Lu!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin