October 02, 2009

Nana's Heart

My sister and I spent part of this week in San Antonio with my Mom. She wasn't feeling well and the hospital in New Braunfels diagnosed her with a kidney stone. In the process of doing blood work for that, they did an EKG since her blood enzymes were off.
The EKG's results pushed the kidney stone to the back burner as the focus became her heart. The doctors felt she had enough damage to warrant them doing a procedure to look at her heart. So, she rode in an ambulance to San Antonio for that procedure which was done on Thursday afternoon. Cohen joined us in the hospital since my sister would be unable to pick him up from school in time. We each drew a heart on our heart during Nana's surgery.
The test was positive and negative- the damage to her heart is not severe; however, God made her with petite arteries and therefore a stint or balloon will never be an option. Some of her arteries are less than 1 mm wide and the smallest stint is 2 mm.
So, Mom is going home today with lots of information on how to prevent more buildup through diet and exercise and a fresh pill box filled with the medicine she needs to make it happen.
Thanks to everyone for praying for our family this week!

3 comments:

The McKnight's said...

I will praying for your family. I absolutely love reading this blog because our daughters are the same age. Now, we have something else in common. My mother suffers from heart problems as well. I have written about it on my blog and would hope that it would be useful words of encouragement to you. Thanks.
Kristi

Johnna said...

We have been praying for you and your mom! I cannot get over how much you and your sister look alike! Beautiful!

Tabriah said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom's heart. But, glad to hear that it can be controlled or contained with diet, exercise and modern medicine. I hope she is feeling better after her surgery! You guys will be in my prayers.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin