October 10, 2009

Our Very First Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

When you are awaiting a pregnancy, there are many triggers that will set your mind to that deep dark place of anger and wonder. Often times the announcement of another pregnancy can do it, some times it is taking a wrong turn in the grocery store and seeing diapers instead of paper towels. For me, the fall and ever-near holiday season was some of the hardest times.I dreamed of the day my beautiful baby girl would done a fall outfit to sit among the pumpkins.
I wanted to take the most beautiful pictures of the most beautiful baby and have her be all mine.
I planned a trip to the pumpkin patch two years ago for the women and children of my Sunday school class. When that day arrived, I went to work. They lived out my day with the most beautiful children they had ever seen.
But, this isn't a pity post, it is a post of faith, of a faithful God who answers us even when we question if He can hear us.
You see, today, on a perfect crisp fall day, I took the most beautiful girl I had ever seen to a pumpkin patch.
She is all mine!

She smiled and laughed and fussed all over the pumpkin patch in the outfit I had envisioned for years prior...
... and I am so very grateful.










12 comments:

Being Billingsley said...

She IS beautiful, and I am also very grateful for her!

Love,

AB

~kristi said...

so happy for u!! She is a beautiful baby girl! Where did u go?

Mrs. Jenk said...

We were at Sweet Berry Fams in Marble Falls.

MikeandCharlsie said...

Oh my word that is the cutest outfit, I LOVE the stockings and the bow!!! Adorable :)

The Gumpls said...

She is such a beautiful baby girl! God had this day planned for you before you even dreamed of it!!!! We do have a very faithful Father! So happy to have you all in my life!

Johnna said...

i love your sweet family and I am so glad God put you guys in my life and I have personally gotten to see how good God is through you and Marcus! God knows EXACTLY what we need and WHEN! You can appreciate all the "small" things that much more!

Holly Renee said...

what a precious miracle little lady and what a precious story of your heart, friend! i read something the other day that spoke to me...it said a "gift" from the "giver" is always good but it's the "giver" that's ETERNALLY the best and not the "gift!" even though i know Anna is your "gift..." isn't it amazing to think that it's the "giver" that ETERNALLY had HIS BEST planned for YOU!

Tabriah said...

I love the pictures and the happy ending. :)

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Oh, she is a beautiful little girl!!! LOVED this post! God is GOOD!!!

Grammy Carol said...

I am so happy that you and Marcus have your treasure. She has brightened all our lives! My love to you all.

Bran- said...

I truly loved this post, Anna. It was very moving! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us all.

With lots of love,

Brandi

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this message of hope, from another person suffering from infertility.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin