December 25, 2007

Christmas Day Fun

Being a kid at heart, I got everyone up at 7:15 this morning. I just can't sleep imagining what is waiting for me downstairs!

As soon as Marcus came down, he found his first present, new TV trays. He always wants to eat in the living room and I'm not so confident of our balancing abilities on most foods. He got to work putting it together quickly.



While he worked on the TV trays, I popped in the monkey bread that had been rising all night. It is one of our favorite recipes and a Christmas morning tradition.







We then got to work opening presents. Marcus received a new watch, book, magazine subscription, running socks, and wallet. I got a new blowdryer, Williams and Sonoma cooking stuff, James Avery charm, pink Vans tennis shoes and a cross. I also got some great scrapbooking stuff from Marcus and Mom.


Jean Grey enjoyed the pile of paper that landed on the living room floor.

After opening presents, we got back to playing games. In all this holiday, we played Sequence, Yahtzee and Skip-Bo.







After lunch, Marcus retreated to the loft to celebrate Christmas
with a couple of World of Warcraft missions to complete. It worked out nicely as it gave Mom and I an opportunity to do my favroite hobby- cardmaking!


Mom made 12 or 13 cards in our fun afternoon. These are a couple of her favorites. It was great for me to use up some of my extra scraps and gave her a big set of free cards to use for the next few months.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Mmmmm! Monkey bread!!

Erica Wagner said...

Looks like a fun day!

I love Monkey Bread too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin