December 13, 2007

Oreo Truffles- Yummy!


I have been to two different parties recently that served Oreo Truffles. They are yummy and tonight I learned they are super easy especially in part to the smart smart people at Williams and Sonoma.

They learned that lots of holiday recipes call for crushed peppermint. Until you have stood in your kitchen with 200 candy canes, a gallon size baggie and a rubber mallet, you don't appreciate the pre-crushed peppermints.

Thank you Williams and Sonoma!


Here is my platter of Oreo Truffles for our church Christmas party tomorrow night. Don't they look fabulous!

Man, I love Christmas!





Here is the recipe in case you have a party to attend too!

Oreo Truffles

1 bag - Oreo Cookies
1 carton - Philly brand Cream Cheese
10 oz. - Almond Bark
Your Choice of Sprinkles

Crush bag of Oreos in chopper. Pour into mixing bowl with cream cheese and blend until evenly dispersed. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on wax paper on cookie sheet. Place in fridge for 10 minutes. Melt almond bark according to package. Dip or spoon bark on Oreo balls. Sprinkle with goodies. Chill for 10 more minutes and enjoy!

NOTE: I used Mint Oreos and White Chocolate Bark with the crused peppermints. I used all Chocolate Oreos and Chocolate Bark and chocolate sprinkles for the darker truffles.

2 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Looks yummy!

I run my peppermints through the mini-food processor when I make white chocolate peppermint bark. Work like a charm!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Bryan LOVES oreos!! I just might have to try this recipe!! Thanks!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin