December 16, 2007

Spahhhhh....

Saturday afternoon I met my friend Christi at Viva Day Spa. She had been there numerous times and recommended it to me. It is a very-Austin spa. It isn't formal or fancy. It feels very organic- from the people to the furniture to the scents. No one had a perfected European accent. No fancy flower arrangements on a shiny table.
We signed up for the Holiday Harmony Package - it was just what I needed to celebrate the White Rock Marathon being completed. First, we spent some time in the sauna. It is a little sauna for two people and filled with ice cold water to drink and magazines to read. After a few minutes, they bring you really cold towels that smell like peppermint. Ahhh! After the sauna, we had a dry brush exfoliation. They literally brush your body. It was better than I expected and good for my dry winter skin. Next came the one hour massage. Lovely! I had her focus on my legs and lower back which was perfect.
Then, a scalp massage with lavender oils. I never knew my scalp needed a massage. Next, she placed some thick moisturizers on me and wrapped me in warmed towels and a plastic sheet so that my body soaked in all of the lotion. She then placed cool cucumbers on my eyes and left me wrapped up for 10 minutes. Finally, while still wrapped up, I had a foot salt scrub and massage.
When finished, we had hot tea and a gift bag filled with some of their products, including my very own dry brush to exfoliate as often as I want. Christi said they run specials like holiday harmony often, I recommend you check them out!

1 comment:

Meg said...

oh.my.gosh. sign me up! that is JUST the pampering needed for tired winter skin and spirits! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin