December 30, 2007

What do you use Rubbing Alcohol for?

Marcus and I are planning to sell our house in 2008. In preparation for the sale, we decided to clean out some closets this weekend- starting with our linen closet where we found a 2/3 full bottle of rubbing alcohol that expired before we got married.

On one hand, I am grateful we have not needed to use the alcohol, but on the other hand I have to question why they sell such a large bottle when two active people haven't used but 1/3 of it in 10 years!

We welcome your suggestions- what are some uses for rubbing alcohol that we have not thought of?

Note, our hydorgen peroxide was also expired along with a whole lot of medicines. I truly consider this part a blessing. We were prepared for the flu, coughs, headaches, diarrhea, and all kinds of other things and luckily, they didn't happen!

2 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Hmmm... perhaps to clean adhesive from an item? Or, to sanitize a needle (for splinter removal).

I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to use it on a scrap...

However, I have not issue using Hydrogen Peroxide on a scrap - but, alas, we don't use ours either.

As you said... thank God we've had no injuries that warrant anything more than a band-aid and triple antibiotic.

(Which, by the way... once you have kids, triple antibiotic is a household staple!)

~kristi said...

getting the gook off my thing-a-ma-jigs is the only thing I can think of... Our hydrogen peroxide expired in Jan 07 and our rubbing alcohol in 03, did not know there was a shelf life on them!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin