December 19, 2007

Happy Shopping Days! Merry Chargemas!

I am happy to report that I am done shopping, all presents are wrapped and under the tree and the scrapbook room that became Gift Central is now back to normal.
I really tried hard this year to buy smart and not in excess! I spend way too much money on Kyleigh and Cohen and stocking stuffers. We also took the advice from our thrifty friend Courtney and tried to just do dinner and exchange time with some friends rather than gifts. In all, the Christmas spreadsheet says I spent $300 less this year.
Let's hope the gifts are appreciated and the lack thereof not even noticed.

2 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

That's awesome! I wish I could say the same. However, I will say that this is the first year in our nine years together that I have blown our budget. Not by a lot, just by about $100.00. But, still... I pride myself our budget and an happy to say that we are not excessive and obnoxious when it comes to gift-giving! :)

Judy said...

I'm so happy to hear that you keep a Christmas spreadsheet too! Sometimes I think it's a little crazy that we have a spreadsheet for just about everything but hey...it works!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin