August 03, 2009

Girls' Night

Marcus had a business dinner tonight so it was girls night. A proper girls night begins with a little shopping (Hobby Lobby) and getting in the proper attire. Abby Lu loved her feather boa. We left a trail of pink feathers throughout the store. I have never seen her love anything this much... until I took away and she started sneezing. Uh oh!

After shopping, we had a couple of drinks. Water for Abby and vanilla coke for Mommy.
Finally, all girls nights end with food! Abby loved her homemade sweet potatoes tonight. It was her first 3 course meal- chicken, sweet potatoes and apples. My dinner- string cheese, animal crackers and soup. Good thing we didn't share!

Abby is a wild and crazy party animal on girls night- the evening ended with food flung on the cabinets! I try to follow the advice of experts that recommend keeping mealtime fun and after they eat giving them the opportunity to play. My inner neat freak wants to wipe her hands and mouth immediately, but I give her a few minutes to handle the spoons and learn how to use and not use them.

4 comments:

Grammy Carol said...

I bet Marc is sorry he missed a fun girls' night out!

Melissa said...

Look at those cute little pearly whites! Love that smile!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Oh man, what a great mother/daughter time together!!!

Guess you can put those cute girly clothes back in storage! No bows or frils for me!! hehe

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

OMG, I just about died at reading what your dinner consisted of. I totally understand the neat freak part. It's so hard to just let them be dirty for even five minutes! By the way, you realize that if Abby's eating foods separately and doing well with them, you can mix them all together in one big bowl, right? Give it a try...I'll bet you she likes it :o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin