August 20, 2009

A Night in the Life of The Jenks

We are so blessed to work so close to our home. Marcus and I can get off work at 5 PM and pick up Abby and be home by 5:45. Since she goes to bed at 7:15, we have an hour and a half to do it all! Here are pictures of a typical night.
Abby is normally hungry when she gets home. We ask school not to feed her after 4 PM, she normally takes her last bottle by 3 PM, so she is hungry. We spent a few minutes with her flying around the house, taking off her clothes from school, and setting her up to eat!
Tonight, Marcus fed her while I went through the mail and changed clothes. She ate 2T chicken with brown rice, 2T of homemade carrots, and 3T of roasted pears, another new food!I finished feeding her while Marcus changed clothes and set up her bath. She sits up in her baby tub inside our garden tub. Marcus sits inside the tub to bathe her while I clean her bottles and bowls from the day. She loves bathtime! When she is done, Marcus yells at me and I take her. I then dry her off, put lotion on her, put her in her pajamas and diaper for bedtime. Marcus cleans up bathtime and preps her bottle.
Now, Abby is almost ready for bed. We lay her in the living room floor to take her last bottle. She can down it in about 5 minues these days! We give her some toys to play with- she rolls around, scoots, and plays until 7:00.
Marcus got on the floor with her tonight. She was babbling like crazy, so he babbled with her. She loves to talk- I can't wait for her to put some meaning behind the sounds.
About 7 I typically take her into her room to do her bedtime routine. We lay on the changing table and brush our two teeth. She loves the toothbrush (a finger cover with bristles) and I let her bite on it. She play with her lightswitch and I adjust the light to dim and the cieling fan to low. We turn on her humidifier and her bedtime lullabies CD. I then lay her in bed and read her a book and then we read Goodnight Moon making sure to say goodnight to Kitty, Daddy, Momma and Abby. I typically rub her belly or pat her back for a few minutes whispering to her and then walk away. Lately, she has fallen asleep on her own- she is awake when I leave the room and doesn't make a sound until she puts herself to sleep.
After the craziness of that 90 minutes, Marcus and I eat dinner (if we didn't during her bottle time), prepare for the next day, discuss the current day, and relax.
We so look forward to the weekend when we have more time with her to play! I think we would both stay home all day with her if given the chance. She is just such a joy to be around.








2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Sounds like fuN!! :)

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

She looks so much like Marcus in that first picture! Such a sweet girl...and yes, I second the anticipation of waiting for meaning behind the sounds. Billa's 18 months now and we're STILL trying to figure out what she's saying. If you haven't started thinking about it, sign language is VERY helpful and now that Billa is older she picks it up really fast!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin