April 24, 2008

Answer Away...

It was fun to answer your questions this morning! Good ones my friends!


from Erica:
What is the most money you have ever spent on a pair of shoes? I rarely spend more than $80 on a pair of shoes, but I fell in love with a pair of brown sandals on Zappos a few years ago. I used bonus money to buy them for $159. The heel has since broken off. More money is not necessarily better quality!


How did you meet Marcus? I met Marcus September 25, 1994 when I was interviewed to be on the Angelo State University Student Senate. I made the senate, but Marcus did not vote for me. He thought I was too hyper.


What is it about "Taco Bueno" that you like so much? Isn't it a glorified Taco Bell? I am a nacho girl and have eaten them at both places. The Bueno has real lettuce and tomato and tortilla chips like you buy in the store. The queso is runny and the meat is much like taco meat. Taco Bell feels much more processed and is missing the lettuce and tomato. And, it is squirt cheese!


What is your degree? I have a BA in Communications and Government from Angelo State University and an MA in Communication and Higher Education from Texas Tech University. I wanted to be a collegiate social counselor- freshman training, homecoming planning, etc.


I love all of the Texas stuff in your house... what is your most prized Texas memorabilia? I most love the red star antique chest in my entry way. It was my first "antique" purchase at Wimberley Market Days. It took everything my girlfriend and I had to stuff it into my little sports car at the time.








The best Texas thing I have been given in the rifle in Marcus' office. It belonged to my maternal grandfather.


Where did you get the chandelier in your craft room? My chandelier is from Lowes. It was just $29 more than the ceiling fan we had picked out.



from Kristi:
What names do you have picked out for boy and girl? When it takes you four years to get pregnant, you talk about and think you have secured a name for every scenario. Now that it is more serious, we talk about a lot of different names. For girls, we like Amelia (Millie), Abigayle (Gayle is my middle name and my fathers), and I like Elliana because it means "my God answered". I get chill bumps thinking about the meaning of that. My God who I have a relationship with answered me. We would call her Elli or Lilly because I like those better than the full name. For boys, we have always wanted Noble. It is Marcus' Mom's maiden name.


If twins what will their names be? I think Millie and Lillie or Milly and Abby would be cute. If we have two boys I will need help. Noble is the only name we ever could really agree on.


from Susan:
If you knew at the very beginning of this "baby" process that it would take you all this time and money, would you just go and adopt? Part of the 4 year process was Marcus and I praying what direction to go. I really wanted to adopt more than go through IVF. It isn't the being pregnant part that appealed to me. I wanted a child NOW. Marcus really wanted a child that came from us biologically. I am glad we went through infertility because it opened up so many doors to my relationship with God and gave me a forum to discuss his love that I had never had. So no, we would do it all over again.


If you win the lottery, what would you buy? I would pay for all of the things I have already bought. I would drive a silver BMW X5 and I would own all of those high end purses I only dream of- Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Burberry.



from Stormi:
Have you thought about how you will decorate the baby's room? Yes, and I actually own some of the stuff to do it in! I want a Raggedy Ann and Andy room with stars and wagons, old teddy bears, etc. It would be red, navy and khaki with beadboard, etc. If I am having two girls, then I will likely ebay what I have and go all out girly!



What about working after the baby gets here? Will you be a working mom or SAHM? I will keep working. I like my job and it isn't a big strain on me, so I think I can do both. Let's hope my salary covers more than just childcare!



Secretly are you happy for morning sickness because you get sympathy from Marcus and others? I think Marcus will have sympathy for me no matter what. For example, I really like my sleep and my sweet tea and since sleep is getting harder already (pee in the night, dreams, worrying) and sweet tea is not a daily option (come on Sonic, you have every other drink in the book, sell decaf tea!) and he is being really sweet about that. I don't want to throw up- I have only done it 2 or 3 times in my life and the thought of it is hard to bear. I will be such a baby.



How many pairs of shoes do you own? I did some cleaning out when we moved, I would guess 125-150 now. Again, Dear God, please don't change my shoe size like you did Debra. If you must, please give me the funds to buy new shoes. Marcus made a joke I would be walking around in Walgreens flip flops. Nice!



Anyone else want to open themselves up for questions? I'll be happy to ask away!

3 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Love all of your answers! I especially love the chest. Great buy!

That's a totally insane amount of shoes. Really. You need help. :)

~kristi said...

my shoe size changed and it did not go back, went from a 5 1/2 to 6 with LE and then to 6 1/2 with Bell. I guess your sister will hit the jackpot!

Meg said...

i love your baby names! i can't wait to meet him, her, or them. :) hope you're doing well. what an exciting time of life!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin