April 13, 2008

Great Day Outdoors

I am an inside girl, but when the weather is as nice as it was on Saturday, I was happy to spend it outdoors. Marcus and I made a day trip to Marble Falls for food and shopping.

Of course, we ate at Bluebonnet Cafe, known for their mile high meringue pies. We shared a slice of pecan, Marcus' favorite. I was really there for the chicken fried steak alone.


After our early lunch, we walked Main Street and did a little shopping. Marcus stayed outside of a few girly stores to take pics of the local art including this very small man on his very small horse.






I went inside a bead store and discovered a Shitzapoo named Squishy. While I shopped, Marcus and Squishy tore up his toys in the name of fun. We'll have to go back just to see the dog again.






After Marble Falls, we met up with some friends for a late afternoon day at the park. We were saying goodbye to some great friends David and Lori who are moving north soon. Marcus enjoyed playing a game of 3-on-3 while I chatted at the picnic table with the girls.

It was a great day filled with fun to keep our mind off the big test tomorrow morning. I am ready!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin