April 16, 2010

Birthday Present: Phonics Magnets

I held back a few of Abby's birthday presents and brought out another new one recently- her Leap Frog Refrigerator Phonics magnets. I wanted to find something she could do in the kitchen when we are cooking or cleaning. She is slowly getting the hang of them! When she pushes the music note about the letter slot, it plays the ABCs and she claps and dances. This child will dance on a dime! Just break out in song or bee box and she'll boogie!
Getting the letter in the slot requires it to be right side up and that is the hardest part for her. She did it on her own for the first time this morning.

She is really good at taking them off the fridge and putting them back on- learning what a magnet is! And, notice she stood on her own!

I am 99% sure there were from Aunt Tiffany- so thank you!
By the way, her onesie says "My family tree is full of nuts" and was bought long before I was pregnant. It makes me laugh! Susan, I'll mail it to you when she outgrows it!

3 comments:

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

That onesie is awesome! Like I always say, family puts the fun in dysfunctional ;o) Congrats on standing by yourself Abby Lu! You're getting to be such a big girl!

MikeandCharlsie said...

Too cute, we love Leap Frog toys...when she gets bigger you should try The Letter Factory. That dvd taught my kids how to say their letters and it was easy to go from there to reading!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

hahah awesome! We can't wait!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin