April 24, 2010

Saturday- Spiritual and Sweet

I hope that today I changed my life....

I've been reading So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore and today was her simulcast at 869 locations around the world to over 300,000 women. I guess this isn't just my issue :)
It is a wonderful book that has opened my eyes to some many parts of my life and the people around me. I thought I knew what I was insecure about, now I know where I am insecure and have real tangible tools to deal with it. Today's lesson gave us an explanation to the word SECURE and I wanted to share it with you all. But, you really should still read the book. A secure woman is:
SAVED FROM HERSELF- secure enough to stop obsessing over herself and what other people think of her in every situation.
ENTITLED TO TRUTH- Satan wants you to be insecure and live a lie.
CLOTHED WITH INTENTION- this doesn't come naturally in our society, Proverbs 31:25 says we are clothed in strength and dignity through Jesus.
UPENDED BY GRACE- more forgiving when you fill your empty space with the grace God has given you.
REBOUNDED BY LOVE- knowing that no matter what you do, you are truly loved by Christ gives a confidence that diminishes what other people think of you.
EXCEPTIONAL IN LIFE- knowing that you are special to Him and matter will allow you to be the things that others around you will seek out.
I'm grateful Beth Moore wrote this book and is giving our generation of women the opportunity to study and overcome this. There were women in the final years at this event- I don't want to grapple with this at 70.
I don't want her to grapple with it at 34. I want to be a role model for her.
After the simulcast, Marcus, Abby and I drove to Georgetown for the Red Poppy Festival. I love outdoor street fairs and Abby loves cotton candy!

Outdoor festivals are great for our family since Abby loves to be outdoors, people watch and see dogs! I enjoyed looking around the booths and we all shared sweet tea and cotton candy.
Afterward, we ran into the outlet mall so Marcus could buy a new pair of jeans- one size smaller! It was an exciting day- he has worked really hard with his personal trainer and was able to get into jeans/pants he has not worn in YEARS! I'm so proud of his work ethic.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend as well!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Where is your like button??? :)
My word verification is stabl- very similar to Secur! (no e's)

Tabriah said...

The book sounds interesting. I am glad it was helpful. The Poppy Festival sounds fun, we may have to check that out next year.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin