May 02, 2009

Silver Platter for Me and Abby's Teachers

I was on a blog the other day and she made a chalkboard platter in her kitchen that I just loved. So, I ran over to my trusted friend eBay and found a large silver platter for $4.99. It arrived on Friday and my platter was made!
This can be used for notes, scriptures, or even to show a menu when entertaining. It can be hung with a plate hanger or sit on the counter with an easel. It was super easy to paint- a sponge brush and chalkboard paint. It took about 4 coats allowing them to really dry in between. I just love it!

On Friday at school there were signs up letting us know that next week was Teacher Appreciation Week. I have never participated in this before, but know apples are not cool! So, Abby and I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out 2 more silver platters and easels to make these for her teachers. These plates were only $1.99 each and are plastic. I hope they like them!

2 comments:

Heather Mason said...

Okay, now that is SO cool! I love all of your ideas!!!! I have got to enroll in your "craft class"! :-)

Melissa said...

I will be scouring ebay and the junk store for a silver tray so that I can do the same thing!! So cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin