May 03, 2010

Kansas City Recap

I spent most of last week and weekend in Kansas City for work. I was attending a conference rather than planning one, which is a nice change! Although, it was hard to relinquish the control an event planner has that an attendee does not!
I didn't take many pictures of the hotel or the presentations I sat through (yawn for you!), but I did capture this BEA-U-TI-FUL light fixture inside this amazing restaurant we ate at. Have you heard of Lidia from the Food Network? Her restaurant was so pretty and the food so very good! We also ate at Brio which I love and Fogo de Chao. I am on food detox! I flew home late Saturday night and loved the new decor in our airport- have you seen these fun guitars around town? These were at our baggage claim carousel? This one was covered in bumper stickers from places around town.
And, of course, Lance had one too!

I was SO happy to be home to these people. Nobody loves you like your family. We had a lovely time at church on Sunday morning and the traditional Sunday BBQ lunch where we learned Abby will eat honeydew melon. She can clean up my fruit bowl anytime!


A huge thank you to my husband and my Mom for taking such great care of Abby while I was away. Marcus sent me pictures everyday and Mom gave Marcus some assistance! I am so grateful she wasn't "mad" at me when I returned. She was just her normal cute and funny self!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin