May 10, 2010

Landscape Update

Pardon me if I repeat myself....
When we bought our house, I knew the front flower beds needed work, but we couldn't make it a priority over the baby or the inside of the house. The flower bed borders were too tall and it only allowed for big shrubs which I don't like.
This is a picture of our shrubs from last month. Marcus had already pulled the short ones on the left side of the bed. We had these big ones pulled 2 weeks ago. Just like these front yard trees, we have spent each weekend putting layers upon layer of dirt in the beds to build them up which will allow for small things to be planted.
Here are our new flowers and the beds freshly planted. We needed full sun items and low water plants. This area is direct sun most of the day and we aren't faithful waterers! They look so barren, but I look forward to seeing our Texas skullcaps and knock out roses bloom as the spring turns to summer.
I also bought this cute turquoise beverage cart on clearance for $30 for the front porch. Now, I need to dump the fake winter plant and put a big fern on here! I'm still looking for a fun outdoor piece of art to hang above the swing. It'll be a Round Top fall find!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin