October 30, 2008

Classic Toys


The mail man knows I am having a baby- every time we check the mail I have a new catalog filled with kids and baby things that Abby Lu can not live without.

Yesterday I received a catalog from Back to Basics Toys which was filled with our childhood favorites. I really do want to order her some of these.

I had the pull phone. Why my phone needed to have wheels and be on a string I do not know.

Marcus named the View Master at first glance. Wow, there have been some drastic improvements in this area in the last 25 years. I remember everything being a shade of orange.





Finally, I am certain we all owned the corn popper as a child. It was like vacuuming and making loud noises all at once.

Check out their site - it could make for some fun Christmas presents for your kids or big kids like us.

5 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

We've had all of these toys for our girls and I'll have to say with all honesty, that if you get the popper you will be sorry. Oh, yes... sorry!

Meet the Boyd's said...

Hannah had the popper. I donated it as soon as I could get it out of my house.

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

hahah We had all these toys, also!! Loved the corn popper ... though I always was making noise when i was younger!

Anonymous said...

Guess the phone with wheels and string were precurser(?) for the cell phone... on the go..lol...I even remember these..yes they have changed in 40 yrs too...
Mimi43grlz

~kristi said...

we just donated teh popper that Stormi passed to us to GW in RR, I am sure you can still get it as every parent knows that is not the toy to purchase your won child!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin