October 16, 2008

I Really Am Sleepy

This pregnancy is affecting my driving!

When I was about 2 months pregnant and had bronchitis, I was sleepy, sick, late to work and got caught. I was given a speeding ticket in May for going 40 in a 35. The officer was on a motorcycle and hidden in the trees. I pulled into a parking lot- OF A CHURCH DAYCARE- where the parents dropping off their kids stared at me with looks of shame shame. I told the officer I was pregnant, had bronchitis and was late to work. He didn't care. He wrote me a ticket. I took defensive driving online last month.

Last Monday when I parked at the doctor's office for what I thought was my GD test, I was so tired and felt weak that I didn't brake hard enough and instead of parking in my spot, I rolled into the truck in the spot across from me. We hit bumper to bumper. I was going all of 5 mph, so no damage was done, but I felt like an idiot.

Then, today, as I was driving to work I ran a stop sign and was pulled over. I drive that street at least one time per day. I always stop. I was tired and distracted. I think I "rolled" through the stop, but don't even remember. I sure as heck did not notice the officer sitting at the stop sign. I didn't cry, tell her I was pregnant, tired or anything and I still got a ticket. The ink is still wet on my defensive driving certificate.

Before being pregnant, I had only received one speeding ticket in my life and it was from 8 years ago! This is horrible! I may need to put some caffeine in me before I leave the house. WAKE UP ANNA!

2 comments:

The Gumpls said...

OH wow you think your sleepy now, just waite until you are up for a 2am feeding, but love every moment of that bonding time!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I got 2 speeding tickets in 2 days in my MINIVAN with all of my kids in the car. I DID cry for the second one, and I got nothing. I feel your pain. Maybe we should have tried cleavage? Alison

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin