October 26, 2008

Goodbye Greta, Hello Cici!


My office gave us Friday afternoon off to celebrate a successful year since we changed leadership and I used it to go and buy my new Abby Lu approved car.

I said goodbye to Greta the Passat with a smile. Although I loved her at first, I outgrew her and was frustrated by things like my plastic bumper that was loose, the tiny glove box that rattled, and the beginnings of a peeling dashboard.

As I left Greta on the lot, I drove home in Cici, my new Chevrolet Equinox. It gives me more room, gives us a comfortable ride as a family and is much safer in terms of air bags, LATCH, and visibility. I am tired of waiting for the SUV to move so that I can see if I am able to go right!





It also has a lot of fancy features I would have never dreamed of. I just wanted leather and ended up with all kinds of extras- steering wheel controlled radio, XM, Onstar, heated seats, tire pressure alerts, iPod plug in capability, a compass, outdoor temp gauge, automatic lights, auto start and more. It is fancy!




And, just for Abby Lu, Kyleigh and Cohen, I went ahead and got the model with dual DVD players built into the head rests. Each can play their own video and they have wireless headsets. It just might save me from hearing Barney over and over again on a road trip to see Grammy.

1 comment:

~kristi said...

I think it is the funniest thing that you name your cars!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin