October 22, 2008

Week 31: Four Oranges!

Nine weeks to go until Abby Lu joins us!

I am happy to report my diabetes numbers came back "great" and I do not have GD. Who knows what happened to me yesterday, but I am happy she is not getting excess sugars and my body is processing everything normally. Whew!

This weekend brings big work in her nursery- closet organization, her mattress and bedding put together and the hanging of curtains. Pictures to come on Monday!



from Baby Center:


This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

7 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Oh yay! Good news indeed!

Must've been all of that blood work yesterday.

Glad to hear that all is well!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Yeah, GREAT NEWS!!! Can't wait to meet her!!

~kristi said...

Praise God!! They always have to be extra careful, thankful they are. But, all of the tests can be nerve wracking! Yippee, 9 weeks to go! I will talk to Ben tonight about the 2nd.

MM said...

That is great news! Yeah!

Melissa said...

Yea! I'm glad to hear the great news!

Your experience with the GD test sounds like what happened to me when I had my eyes dilated. I was so worried about it that my skin got clammy; I started sweating; I got extremely nauseus and actually passed out! (How ridiculous is that!!) Sounds like you just had a severe stress response.

The Gumpls said...

Answered prayers!!! Your body was just freaking out!

Debra_and_Mike said...

Good to hear! Enjoy the time you have left!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin